Sunday, January 08, 2006

"Mai Otome" Episode 13 and "Aim for the Top 2!" Episode 4

I still bear a slight taint of the flu but I'm much better now and should be slowly getting back to being somewhat productive. After being sick for so long, it fealt like forever and a day that a new episode of "Mai Otome" has come out! I know for certain it's been that long for "Aim for the Top 2!" (Also sometimes refered to as Gun Buster 2) Episode 4. Both were entertaining but I have to say that "AftT2" had some stuff that seemed to come out of left field for me.

I won't go and do any spoilers but I think there were some issues with the way the episode built up that it seems to be missing some crucial story telling elements. It could also be a couple of other things as well: It could be that the direct to video (OAV) aspect of the series has forced the story telling to be a little limited -kind of strange considering it offers better graphic production value but I guess that's all part of how you choose to execute the project. The other thing is that I just might have to go back and watch the entire thing straight through and that the crucial elements were in the episode previous. Still, both explanations don't explain the nature of the main character, Nono. I won't say more though. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

Do you know if this is going to be on the air in America any time soon?

5:58 PM  
Blogger ArtZombie said...

Hey Al, I don't think so for either one? They're still being aired and I haven't heard licensing for either one yet. "Aim for the Top 2/DieBuster/Gunbuster2" is an OAV slated to be uhhh... 6 episodes so I think if it makes it out here it'll be direct to video. I think Mai Otome is popular enough it might make it out here but not without some possible editing unfortunately. :/

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home