Monday, January 30, 2006

A Work in Progress

Ya well, I've been meaning to do this. Post some works in progress and all that. So I figure I'd start with this one (the other one, I'm struggling with a couple of things but I guess I should post it to see if anyone has thoughts on it anyway. Maybe later.)

This guy got going after I read through Project Hull Breach's forums, saw a discussion about Armoured Fighting Vehicles, and a pretty awsome concept pic of a 4 legged support vehicle. In the end, the design here may have been more inspired by Appleseed and Patlabor's 4 legged walkers and mechanical critters but PHB's pic acted as a catalyst for the motivation to do the piece:




A bit of background in the motivation of the design if you care to know about it: I started thinking about an infantry support vehicle and, as I worked on it, began to evolve the design to include infantry transport. It would have a rig under its hull that would unfold and allow up to 8 members to be carried. The large thing above the hull with the nozzles and vents houses the bulk of what I like to call a Higgs Boson Effector. The Higgs Bosin particle put simply is a theoretical particle that gives matter the quality of mass. In short, the HB Effector is an anti-gravity device. For this vehicle, I decided that the HBE's will only allow it to hop long distances and not actually let it hover.

The two arms in front have a flappy bit to allow it to shield the infantry a bit if necessary. At this stage, I'm thinking of a microwave or other energy projection weapon in the arms. The head has a twin linked solid slug thrower (a regular gun) mounted to it. It has a crew of 2, the pilot who uhhh... pilots and has control of the head, and a gunner who manages the infantry and operates the arms.

I'll get some legs in later... the carriage system is going to be changed a little too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

Hot damn that is awesome. Thanks for sharing Art Zombie!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home